Saturday, August 18, 2007

Hearing Loss Association plans walk

Eleven years ago, Warren suddenly became deaf -- the result of surgery to successfully remove a brain tumor.

"I came back to Odessa, and there was nothing in the Permian Basin to help me," she said. " I spent a couple of years not really functioning, until an audiologist in Houston told me about the Hearing Loss Association of America.

"I wrote them and through correspondence found out there were chapters functioning in Texas and that there was going to be a five-state conference in Amarillo. I flew to Amarillo, even though I couldn't understand what was happening on the flight because I couldn't hear announcements about my stop or about connections. When I got to the hotel, I realized I didn't know how I was going to get up in the morning because I used to rely on wake-up calls."read more

No comments: