Monday, August 13, 2007

Do you still use the phone?


Many Deaf people cut their phone service down. Because the telephone and TTY are the old fashioned. The spiders are happy to build the webs around TTY since you stop using it. Deaf people who prefer to communicate using American Sign Language could soon be having their phone conversations relayed using webcams or videophones and an interpreter. Almost everyone has computer, sidekick, blackberry, Treo, etc. so they depend on them more than they use the regular telephone. It’s a great toy for all of us to keep in touch with anyone such as doctor, family, or just order the pizza. I disconnect my phone service last year because I rarely use it so I use my sidekick 3 and videophone more often. I don’t know what I should do with my old TTY and telephone. Any suggestion? What did you do with your old phone? read more

No comments: