Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Activities expand at Aspen camp for deaf kids


Kids psyched up for an adventure speak the same language, and “Me first!” looks the same in American Sign Language as it sounds coming in shrieks from an 8-year-old who wants to climb a sheer rock wall.

The Aspen Camp for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing in Old Snowmass is celebrating 40 years of getting deaf children involved in those and other activities. The camp is also entering something of a new era of expansion into winter and opening its door to more campers.

Clint Woosley, the camp program coordinator, has a knack for getting people’s attention. Bearded and quick with a smile, the outdoorsman and certified ropes course instructor from Maryland was born deaf but can read lips and hears with the help of hearing aids. read more

3 comments:

EKENYERENGOZI Michael Chima said...

Ada,
Compliments of the Saturday!

This is the first blog I have seen on sign language and the deaf.

I suppose you are a tutor of the deaf?

I have linked to your niche blog and I commend you.

Will you teach me the sign language for saying, "Je Ta'me Mon Ami"?
Meaning "I love you my friend".

Cheers and God bless.

E.Michael Liu said...

thanks for stoping by, and by the way great blog too.

Anonymous said...

Nice blog Ada..